Many IG followers asked, so here it is, the recipe for these amazing Cookies & Cream Blondie Bars, that I made the other night. Not only are they scrumptious, but they are SO easy and festive. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) Melt for about a 50 sec
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 18 Oreo’s broken in 4th’s. I use double stuff (because duh) 13 Oreo’s does the trick
- 1/2 cup festive red & green M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350F while you line a 8×8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray the pan and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter in microwave for 50-60 seconds, stir when finished to ensure it is thoroughly melted.
- After the butter cools down for a minute, transfer to a large mixing bowl, add in egg, brown sugar, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Then add flour & salt, and stir until combined
- Add Oreo’s and stir, stir, stir.
- Add M&M’s and stir..now your burning calories!
- Pour the thick batter into the pan you previously prepared, while smoothing it lightly with a spatula. Push into corners and feel free to add a few M&M’s to the top if you want more color.
- Bake at 350F for 18-21 minutes, or until top is set. I have noticed mine cook for 23 minutes, could be the extra cream from the double stuffed Oreo’s. Set aside to cool, bars will firm as they cool. I put mine in the fridge to harden a bit before serving.
- Last step is to enjoy these bars and share with your loved ones!!